Not too long ago, I was inspired by a piece of art made by my friend Rashmi, and thus was introduced to the world of quilling. The paper art really intrigued me and I decided to give it a try.
In a nutshell, quilling is all about rolling strips of paper, moulding them into creative shapes and gluing them together to create a unique piece of art.
Here is my first quilling project, and here are the steps to achieve it.
Materials you need –
– A quilling needle or a forked needle
– strips of paper of required width (3mm, 5mm, 8mm) etc depending on what your art requires.
– A paper glue
– 2B pencil to draw a light outline of your art (for amateurs like me ofcourse 🙂
And voila! Get your creativity flowing!
To achieve this piece of quilled art, I drew the skeleton of the tree on the canvas and keep repeating the 4-step universal quilling procedure:
– cut strips of paper to required varied lengths,
– roll the paper on the quilling needle,
– apply glue and
– stick on the canvas.
Quilling is extremely time consuming but awesomely relaxing. You should definitely give it a try!
Keep tuned for more quilling projects, ideas and techniques. I am so absorbed by the art that I cannot stop anymore..